[2004/07/06] Release (0.05).
- POVRay support now works fine with POVRay 3.6 for Windows;
- Written WebStart support for JCGrid Mandel;
- Written the first version of JCGrid Mandel. Mandelbrot set rendering done over
public grid computing. You can share your CPU time for fast exploring the
- Fixed a problem related to POVRay fragment images under Windows;
- Added a developpers section to the docs;
- Added more information about the grid in the administration;
- Added compressed communication channel;
- VFS can be now disabled (mainly for security);
[2004/06/17] Release (0.04).
- Introduced animation support. You can now split rendering of fragments of a
single frame and/or complete frames (better to split complete frame in order to
avoid preprocessing overhead);
- POVRay 3.6 has fixed the "Failed to execute" problem;
- New POVRay client implementation;
- POVRay worker now use stdout instead of temporary file for the rendered
- Written session name autogeneration;
- New confguration file format;
- New confguration GUI dialogs;
- New confguration class design;
- The "Failed to execute" problem under RedHat 9.0 happens because
of a coredump when the DISPLAY env. variable is not defined;
- Adam Wells reports JCGrid works fine under MacOS X 10.3.4.
[2004/05/29] Release (0.03).
- JCGridWorker can now run multiple workers (useful on SMP);
- Investigated the "Failed to execute" problem under RedHat 9.0;
- Grid statistics can be accessed by using the GUI;
- Grid statistics are now available;
- Grid administration mechanism is now available;
- New class design in the server package;
- The GUI client for POVRay now supports partial image rendering;
- Written a GUI client for POVRay.
[2004/05/17] Release (0.02).
- Written installation instruction for Windows;
- Will Lloyd-Davies has written the scripts for using JCGrid with POVRay under
- Docs are now included in binary releases.
[2004/05/13] The very first release (0.01).